Millicent High School is committed to progressive education for all students and as a result there have been significant and ongoing improvements to facilities over the last eight years in order to provide the best educational outcomes.
This has included new Science Labs, Resource centre, Dance / Drama room, Middle school block, Art rooms and Textiles room. The Home Economics centre, Music suite and Agricultural facilities have been recently upgraded and there has been a new outdoor learning area created.
Our facilities include:
- A number of Senior Secondary options with VET accreditation to courses including: Engineering, Doorways to Construction and Automotive are provided in the TAFE workshop which is now operated by the school.
- Aboriginal meeting place and garden with strong links to local community and curriculum programs.
- Access for physically disabled students.
- Computer network that includes all rooms in the school being part of our wireless network including our canteen with most rooms also having interactive white boards. All students are issued with a laptop to use at home and school included in our school fees.
- Digital Photography / IT rooms
- Home Economics Centre which has been recently up graded and includes a function room.
- Large hall / gymnasium and extensive playing fields.
- Middle school unit designed to support our commitment to Middle Schooling methodologies for year 8 and nine students where the student / teacher relationship is valued.
- Modern Textiles facilities including industrial machines.
- Multiple seminar and meeting rooms for mentoring and individual or small group student support.
- Recently renovated Music Suite that is home to ‘Top Notes’ band and rooms for instrumental instruction and sound recording.
- Resource Centre that is well-equipped which also provides learning assistance for students and lunch time activities.
- School cafeteria that also provides an informal meeting place for year 12 students.
- Specially designed Dance / Drama centre
- Technical Studies Centre including Digital technologies and CNC lathe
- Two purposely designed Art rooms for Visual Arts
- Up to date Agricultural facilities for plant, fish and animal studies including a permaculture garden and native plant propagation nursery.
Map of Millicent High School