Millicent High School is committed to progressive education for all students and as a result we have also had a significant and ongoing commitment to improving our facilities in order to provide the best educational outcomes.
Most recently this has included new STEM and IT areas including the upgrading of our Technical Studies Centre and the addition of a theatre / presentation area.
Our facilities include:
- An extensive Trade Training centre, where Engineering, Doorways to Construction and Automotive can be provided.
- Aboriginal meeting place and garden with strong links to local community and curriculum programs.
- Access for physically disabled students.
- An up to date IT network and new digital collaboration spaces, all students are issued with a laptop to use at home and school included in our school fees.
- A modern Home Economics Centre which includes a function room.
- Large hall / gymnasium and extensive playing fields.
- Middle school unit designed to support our commitment to Middle Schooling methodologies for year 8 and future year 7 students where the student / teacher relationship is valued.
- Modern Textiles facilities including industrial machines.
- Multiple seminar and meeting rooms for mentoring and individual or small group student support.
- A Music Suite that is home to ‘Top Notes’ band and rooms for instrumental instruction and sound recording.
- Resource Centre that is well-equipped which also provides learning assistance for students, a wellbeing area and lunch time activities.
- School cafeteria that also provides an indoor airconditioned eating area and informal meeting place for students.
- Specially designed Dance / Drama centre
- Modern Technical Studies Centre including Digital technologies, CNC lathe, 3D printers and LASER cutter.
- Two purposely designed Art rooms for Visual Arts
- Up to date Agricultural facilities for plant, fish and animal studies including a permaculture garden and native plant propagation nursery.
Map of Millicent High School